Manage e-mail accounts with Sitemagic Cloud
First make sure you are logged in
to your website. Next, navigate to Admin > Cloud Account
To be able to add e-mail accounts you need to first connect a domain to your Sitemagic Cloud account
Assuming you have a domain connected, you can now start managing e-mail accounts under the E-mail accounts section.
You can create two types of e-mail addresses:
A real e-mail account with a login and webmail access, or a forwarding address (also known as an alias) which forwards e-mail from one address to an existing e-mail account.
Create e-mail account
To create an e-mail account with a login and webmail access, follow these steps.
- Click the Add button and select New e-mail account - a dialog similar to the one shown below will emerge on your screen.
- Enter the address of your new e-mail account in the New e-mail address field.
- Set a strong password in the password field. It is recommended to keep the suggested password already set, or create a new random password using the Random password button.
- Click OK to create the new e-mail account.
Your new e-mail account is now created and will be shown in the E-mail accounts section.
Notice that your e-mail storage is devided equally between your e-mail accounts whenever you add or remove an e-mail account. So if you have 1000 MB of e-mail storage and two accounts, they will each be given 500 MB of storage.
Use the red button to delete the account, the orange button to change the password, or the green button to navigate to your webmail to read or send e-mail.
Create e-mail forwarding address
To create an e-mail address that forward messages to another e-mail account, follow these steps.
Click the Add button and select New forwarding address - a dialog similar to the one shown below will emerge on your screen.
- Enter the new e-mail address you want to create in the field New e-mail address. This address must end with your domain name.
- Enter an existing e-mail account address in the field Receiving e-mail address. This address is not restricted to e-mail accounts on your domain or in Sitemagic Cloud. In the example below we are forwarding messages to a Gmail account.
- Click OK to create the new forwarding address.
Your new e-mail forwarding address is now created and will be shown in the E-mail accounts section.
Use the red button to delete the address, or the orange button to change the e-mail address to which messages are being forwarded.